Safe Haven Advantage
Your destination should be filled with surprises.
Your boatyard bills shouldn’t be.
Safe Haven Advantage is your exclusive total yacht care program designed to keep boating fun and hassle-free. This revolutionary program offers complete yacht care for one fixed annual price. Customized to meet your annual needs, Safe Haven Advantage covers all maintenance, repairs, parts and labor, as well as 24/7 emergency assistance, hauling, and storage. Premium insurance coverage is also available.
- Complete mechanical and engine-bay inspection.
- Outdrives: drop and inspect gimbal bearing, boot and lifting ram seals. Grease universal joint in jackshaft, paint outdrives, inspect and service as above. Inspect bellows and reinstall in spring.
- Torque engine mounts. Check for deteriorated belts and hoses. Check stuffing box or dripless bearing. Perform and record oil analysis and engine room check.
- Batteries: disconnect, trickle charge periodically over winter and re-conn.
- Water: drain potable and greywater systems. Pump blackwater tank and partially fill with non-toxic antifreeze.
- Propeller: Inspect for electrolysis, wear, pitting, tip damage and repair as necessary. Grease shaft splines. Check cutlass bearing for excessive wear (estimated separately if replacement is needed).
- Inspect throttle and shift cables, replace as needed.
- Service sail drive (if applicable).
- Electronics: check and operate all onboard systems. Sea trialing, align electronics and swing compass.
- Electrical: check all connections, bulbs, and components. Apply corrosion protector on all open electrical connectors.
- Fuel stabilizer treatment to tanks as applicable.
- Check for service bulletins.
DETAILING & FINISHES
- Power wash bottom, detail and wax. Compound, buff and bottom paint as needed.
- Maintain exterior finishes including varnish, Awlgrip and other high quality marine polyurethane finishes and gel coats. Clean bridgedeck cushions.
- Shrink-wrap or dust cover depending on storage choice. New Yachting Solutions fender covers, windshield wiper blades, ensign and burgees as necessary.
- Survey dock lines, soak, clean and/ or replace.
We only use the manufacturer supplied lubricants and parts to ensure a quality, professional job.
- Treat boat fuel system with manufacturer approved fuel stabilizer.
- Change engine oil and filter.
- Change gear case oil and remove prop to check for fish line.
- Replace water pump impeller (as required).
- Replace zinc anodes.
- Check trim and tilt oil level. Look for leaks.
- Run engine with non-ethanol winter storage gasoline mixture.
- Check all belts and hoses.
- Check charging system for proper operation.
- Check engine by serial number for any service bulletins. Check service manual for any additional maintenance.
- Reset maintenance clock on gauges (if applicable).
- Replace sparkplugs as required.
- Check steering system operation.
YARD & YARD LABOR
- Move to haul-out facility. Haul out, transport and store at Yachting Solutions indoor heated or unheated facility.
- Set on blocks and stands.
- Un-step mast/step.
- Launch, rig and tune.
DIESEL INBOARD OR DIESEL I/O
- Change engine oil.
- Replace oil filter.
- Adjust drive alignment.
- Replace crankcase ventilation filter.
- Replace air filter.
- Check exhaust.
- Check drive belt tension.
- Check compressor oil (if applicable).
- Replace sea water pump impeller.
- Check charge air cooler and replace heat exchanger anodes.
- Replace fuel filter and fuel pre filter.
- Change gear oil annually.
- Change outdrive drive oil.
- Check outdrive exhaust bellows.
- Clean and touch up outdrive paintwork.
- Check exhaust hose and cooling water hoses.
- Check rubber hoses and tighten hose clamps.
- Inspect hydraulic hoses and fittings.
- Check EVC system with diagnostic tool.
GAS INBOARD OR GAS I/O
- Check bellows and clamps.
- Check exhaust manifold and risers.
- Check distributor cap and rotor.
- Replace fuel filter.
- Check fuel system.
- Replace raw water impeller.
- Replace oil.
- Change outdrive oil.
- Replace oil filter.
- Check and lubricate propellers and shafts.
- Replace sparkplugs.
- Check spark plug wires and boots for deterioration.
- Lubricate steering system cable.
- Check belt: serpentine.
- Lubricate gimbal bearing.
- Check universal joints.
- Lubricate drive shaft splines.
- Fulfillment of owner’s preference sheets.
- Renew documentation, state registration and ship to station radio license.
- Verify life rafts and EPIRB.
- Update flares, weigh and tag fire extinguishers
- Access to our discounted marine insurance program.
This program is all about giving you the pure enjoyment of your vessel with the peace of mind you deserve.