Marine Varnish / Painter
YS is looking for a person with 3 to 5 years of Varnish and Painting experience on yachts. Additional skills such as carpentry, rigging and systems is a plus but not necessary!
The following Job Description is intended as a guideline of the various tasks associated with the specific position of Marine Painter / Varnish. It is intended to set the minimum scope of the tasks expected, more than to be an exhaustive list of every task.
The success of Yachting Solutions requires a team effort. From time to time employees may be asked to perform reasonable tasks that may be outside of the specifics of their job description. It is our sincere hope that employees willingly accept a reasonable request, as new challenges, and fulfill what is requested of them in the tradition of a true team effort.
- Understanding and implementing the Company’s vision
- Comply with all of the Company’s policies and procedures
- Strong customer interaction skills and must display professionalism
- Must be a team player and work well with others
- Must maintain a clean and presentable appearance
- Receive job assignments from CEO/COO.
- Communicate job progress or problems to CEO/COO.
- Troubleshoot any yard or job issues.
- Scope out job assignments to determine best plan and method to complete.
- Prepares wood, fiberglass, and metal surfaces for painting, and paints parts, equipment, interiors, and exteriors of ships, boats, and shipyard and marina buildings, using brushes, spray guns, and rollers: Mixes solvents according to formula, and immerses parts in solution or washes surfaces to remove grease, rust, scale, and dirt.
- Mixes and matches colors of paint, varnish, stain, shellac, and calcimine.
- Operates spray paint, varnish equipment or brushes or rolls varnish on surfaces.
- Sands surfaces between coats and polishes final coat to specified finish.
- May cut stencils, and brush or spray lettering and decorations on surfaces.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Capacity to work as a member of a team or by oneself to achieve desired results
- Be able to safely operate a variety of stationery or portable hand and power tools
- Ability to read, write and comprehend work orders
- Skilled in the use of a variety of power and hand tools (i.e. buffers, grinders, Dremel, wet sanders, saw all, spray equipment, rollers, etc.)
- Unlimited or unimpaired ability to walk, bend, stoop, climb and work safely around water on a ladder or in confined spaces
- Ability to lift 50lbs. (Maximum 100lbs with assistance of another employee)
- Physical requirements include frequent walking, climbing, twisting, kneeling, reaching, standing, squatting and bending.
- Position requires frequent repetitive motion
- Work well in non-structured entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to climb and be comfortable working on a ladder
We offer 401k, vacation and healthcare, vision and dental insurance benefits and company paid life insurance.
High school or equivalent
REQUIRED LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION: