1988 Burger Hunt Yacht Design-Express
Yacht price :
ASSIGNATION is simply a magnificent yacht! She has 3 private en suite staterooms that sleeps 2 owners, 2 guests and 2 crew (or additional guests). She received two recent refits $1,000,000+ starting in 2012-2017 and the most recent mechanical refit of $1,400,000.
This yacht represents an extraordinary combination of craftsmanship, performance and design as she is a rare collaboration between C. Raymond Hunt & Henry Burger. Her current and very knowledgeable owners have done a fantastic job with all of the updates done to ASSIGNATION.
- Hunt Yacht Design-Express
- Year Refit:
- Hobe Sound, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Motor Yacht
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Hunt Yacht Design
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 72 ft - 21.95 meter
- 72 ft - 21.95 meter
- 19 ft - 5.79 meter
- Draft - max:
- 6 ft - 1.83 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- 22 MPH
- 644 MI
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 1150 (Individual), 2300 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 29 MPH
- Fuel Tank:
- 2500 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 750 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 300 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
2018 $1,400,000 refit
New Caterpillar C-18 ACERT engines and ZF transmissions
New shafts and nibral props
New Naiad digital fin stabilizer system
New 240v Isolation Transformer
New Atomatic/Manual Voltage Regulator/Boost Transformer
Engine room re-wired and re-configured
2 New chillers
6 New air handlers
3 new toilets Master Flush
New air compressor
New black Paint to Hull 9/17
Complete bottom job 9/18
Toe rail stripped and varnished 9/17
• Stainless Steel countertops in galley
• Custom removable 5 x 5 Bimini for flybridge - new fabric 2013
• U-shaped Sun lounge with new cushions and storage on the foredeck
• Salon has a new built-in sofas and teak dining table
• Cockpit has 130 class Bluewater fighting chair
• Teak and birdseye maple tables
• Three stainless steel full-length plates on rub rail port and starboard
• All heads have new teak and birdseye maple basin and countertops
• New Aluminum stanchions port and starboard, bow rail & lifelines on welded spuds (no stainless fasteners through deck)
• New solid teak floor in salon, galley, crew mess and fore peak
• Going aft to starboard there are stainless steel and teak steps from flybridge to trunk house
• New Carpet, wall coverings, upholstery, curtains, bedding, spreads, floors throughout
• Nautical Structures dinghy davit - 800 lb.
• New Simrad Navionics
• New Watermaker system
• Chilled A/C system throughout - replaced 2018
• (2) 40 kW John Deere Industrial generators with new Marathon HD electrical ends 2018
"ASSIGNATION " can sleep six owners and guests in three separate, en suite staterooms. It can also be four owners and guests plus 3 crew in two separate, en suite staterooms.
The Owner's Stateroom is aft of salon, forward of the cockpit, and runs full width of the vessel. The stateroom has a walk-around queen berth with storage underneath. There are twin night tables, a vanity, desk and chair outboard port with a full-length countertop, and a nine-drawer throughout the stateroom. It is light and airy with several opening hatches and ports. The aft doorway leads into the cockpit from. The upholstery and soft goods throughout stateroom is
The owner's head is opposite to starboard and has a stall shower outboard, teak with inlaid birdseye maple basin and a countertop with generous custom storage under with teak drawers. It has a new floor, new toilet, new plumbing and fixtures.
The main salon is located forward of the owner's stateroom, up four steps. There is an L-shaped settee with a custom teak high/low dining table to starboard and aft. The table can accommodate six comfortably. The forward bulkhead houses an entertainment center, which includes a TV and stereo in the teak cabinet. The opposite port is another built-in sofa. The china storage cabinet is located in the forward port section. There is a drinks fridge aft on the port side. Salon egress to the pilothouse is located port side forward. Engine room access ladder with a soundproofed door is the starboard side forward.
The guest stateroom is forward of the salon and down three steps. It is to starboard with twin fore and aft lower berths with a night table between. There is storage under both berths and also lockers above. At the foot of the starboard, outboard berth is a full-length, double door, cedar lined hanging locker. The guest head is forward is a guest head with a stall shower.
There is a new custom teak and birdseye maple sink basin and countertop. All plumbing and fixtures have been upgraded, along with the upholstery and soft goods.
The guest or crew stateroom is forward of the galley. Midship is an L-shaped settee that converts to a large single or small double. This area could be used for a captain or for guests. They would have to share either the forward or starboard guest head. There is all new upholstery through this space. There is also an entertainment center with stereo and TV. There is a forward guest or crew stateroom, which has been converted to a large double bunk above and a large single bunk below. There are hanging lockers to port and a stall shower aft of the locker. Starboard is an enclosed head with lots of locker storage. Starboard and forward of the head is a custom vanity/desk combo with drawers. A ladder access to foredeck via a sliding companionway hatch is available.
The Galley is located to port.
• Fisher and Paykel refrigerator
• GE "Café" convection/conventional microwave
• GE "Café" full-size oven
• New Kitchen Aid induction cooktop
• Stainless steel countertops
• Large stainless steel sink outboard to port
• Utility locker
• Whirlpool stacked washer/dryer
- Exterior cushions and cover
• (2) stainless cowl vents on the foredeck
• Nilson H300 hydraulic anchor windlass
• CQR primary anchor 75 lbs., chain & rope rode
• Hinged mast for bridge clearance (when needed)
The pilothouse is an outstanding design feature on ASSIGNATION. It offers safety and comfort while underway for all. The superbly laid out pilothouse with full-width teak console, well-designed instrument array and two large chart drawers to port. It is completely paneled in golden teak. Teak floors and against the aft bulkhead is a raised settee that seats two.. A built-in signal flag storage rack is above. There are two fore and aft sliding weather doors, one to port and one to starboard. There are two Kerfott cranking windows that provide ventilation.
"ASSIGNATION" has a highly desirable large cockpit, an optional covered sturdy fold-down Bimini. The teak decks are beautiful and there is easy access to the large swim platform through a transom door. This makes the cockpit extremely accessible and comfortable for fishing, water sports and dingy boarding.
There is access to the flybridge through a starboard companionway from the pilothouse and also by the aft teak & stainless steel steps that lead to the starboard deck. The flybridge has full controls and instrumentation. The helm chair was custom built. This area can be covered by a sturdy, aluminium framed bimini top new covering and new Flybridge shade "Fly".
The stand up engine room is full width with access from the starboard deck, from the side fiddler in the forward section of the salon. It is also accessible from the side deck entrance.
• NEW Twin Caterpillar C-18 1150hp. main engines
• New Armco Aquamet 3' heavy duty(30% "overbar") propeller shafts
• Michigan Dyna Quad Nibral props
• Dayton 1000 CFM reversing engine room blower system
• NewNAIAD 7sq. ft. digital stabilization system: drives from both engines
• HPS/Naiad 12 hydraulic bow thruster
• New Char-lynn engine-driven power steering 2013/2018 updates with new engines. Drives from both engines
• New Bennet 12 x 72 trim tabs (the custom system renewed in 2013, but from original design work by Hunt creates and adjustable trailing edge to the deep vee that outperforms traditional rim Tab designs)
• Halon fire control system
• 2F #BW-165, 2:1 reduction radio gears
• Tides Shaft Seals
Electronics and Navigational Equipment
• ICOM AT 710 auto coupler SSB radio, non-operational
• New Simrad Network electronics system in 2017
• Lower helm:
NSOev2 with twin 19-inch screens
Four IS 40 multifunction instrument displays
• Upper Helm:
NSSevo2 2 12
Three IS 40 multifunction instrument displays
- John Deere Industrial 40 kW generators
• New batteries: House Brute Force AGM2012; Odyssey Cranking AGM New 2018
• ProMariner 12 Volt and Charles 24V Volt battery chargers
• 100-amp shore electrical cables (2)
• Hubbel shore power connections
• Caterpillar instrumentation and engine alarms
• Murphy systems alarms
• CAPAC Corrosion protection monitor
• Custom distribution panel: Isolation transformers in the engine room
• Hubble Industries 25KVA transformer
• 100 Amp plus
• 24V DC and 110V AC interior lighting system
• Carlisle Finch searchlight
• Aqua Signal nav lights
2012-2017 Refit ($1,000,000+)
Hull, Structure and driveline renovation: Metalwork completed by Ocean Alloys, Engineering oversaw by Calhoun and Co. N.A.
• Fuel tanks: Full-size access hatches were added to all fuel tanks: Baffles were cut and made removable for service and cleaning. Extensive bottom and tank side plating were replaced, repairing corrosion caused by algae-laden fuel. All new plate is one gauge thicker than original.
• Hull Repairs: New shaft tubes were installed: All unused through hull penetrations were welded closed. Seacocks were removed, overhauled and reinstalled on inward facing isolated flanges.
• An additional bearing was added at the front of the tube. New cutlass bearing is Vesconite. New 3" Extra strength shafts were installed to allow a power increase rating up to 1400hp with new engines.
• The rudders were removed and inspected, weld repairs made as needed and reinstalled with new vesconite bearings.
• New drain trees were installed port and starboard. All plumbing exiting through drain trees was re-routed to exit above the static waterline.
• The swim platform trailing edge was replaced and new rub rail extrusion installed.
• Bow Thruster drive leg was removed, overhauled and reinstalled.
• The water tanks were replated to above the waterline, sandblasted and epoxy coated with Devoe potable tank coating.
• The entire bottom was stripped to bare metal and inspected. No signs of external corrosion were found. The freshly blasted bottom was chemically etched, and treated with Sea Hawk Stromate and Epoxy barrier system and coated with Smart Solutions copper-free antifouling paint. A Sea Hawk representative inspected the application at each step.
• On Deck: New solid 1" bar stock studs were welded in to mount the new lifeline stanchions and bow rail. The stanchions are pinned with Delron to reduce corrosion and improve service.
• The foredeck and master head hatches were removed, their mounting surfaces were re-flanged and new hatches installed without any deck penetrations.
• Steering: New engine driven PTO's were installed to replace the 220V system originally used. The new Char-Lynn system is industrial equipment used throughout the world making it robust and serviceable. Being engine driven off both engines increases dependability and eliminates the need for any electrical components in the steering system. The Bronze Wagner ram was overhauled, All rudder bearings were replaced; tie rods, etc. serviced.
• New "diamond plate" access and floor plates were made for the engine room.
• Generator Control systems were replaced with Murphy mechanical alarms and shutdowns. Over speed controls were added to the generator.
• All onboard 110/220V pumps were replaced or sent out for overhaul including Blackwater, Greywater, Air conditioning raw and cooling water, Oil change pumps, Manual bilge pumps and fresh water pumps.
• The deckhouse and deck were repainted from the toe rail up.
• New Bimini and Flybridge shade "Fly".
• The Pilothouse dashboard was rebuilt and restored to the original Burger Hunt proportion.
• Small joinery repairs were made throughout the interior as old equipment was removed and furnishing was restored to original Burger configuration.
• Removable bilge and equipment access hatches were created were lacking, and existing hatches that had been painted or varnished closed were restored.
• The Galley cabinets were modified to accept all new appliances.
• New Galley Appliances: Fisher and Paykel Refrigerator, GE Cafe Convection-Conventional-Microwave, GE Cafe full-size oven, Kitchenaid Induction cooktop, and Badger Garbage disposal.
• All interior painted surfaces were restored.
• New solid teak flooring was laid in public areas to match the original Burger pilothouse cabin sole.
• The original Kerfott crank down window systems were removed and overhauled; reinstalled with new gaskets and track seals.
• New Salon Wall Covering, upholstery and drapes in 2015.
• Sanitation system was serviced. Dockspump outpout system was added port and starboard.
• All batteries were replaced with AGM. Odyssey extreme high amp models were used for cranking circuits and Brute deep cycle were used for house loads. The large house bank was relocated to improve access and maintenance to the engines and batteries.
• All primary 110/220V breakers were replaced.
• All battery chargers were replaced, as were all battery switches.
• Main hot water heater was replaced in 2018 and upgraded to 20 gallons. Secondary was replaced 2017 (also upgraded to 20 gal).
• GFI outlets were added throughout the boat.
• As new equipment was added; old unused wiring was removed where practical.
• The main helm was rewired, cleaning up many years of poor wiring practices and quick repairs.
• System Controls were overhauled
• "Clean air" UV purifiers were added in Master stateroom and Galley
• Chilled Water plumbing was reinsulated
• Control systems updated/replaced as needed
• Auto bleeders were added to chiller plumbing to remove fine air bubbles.
• Throughout the vessel, plumbing systems have been upgraded. Particular care was paid to any system that carried saltwater or could cause damage in the event of a failure.
• All bilge pump float switches and alarms were replaced with Ultra Safety System switches.
• NSO Evo2 Nav computer with two 19" MOT touchscreen displays in Pilothouse and 16" MOT touchscreen on flybridge
• Two NSS 9 touch screen MFD plotter sounder, (one at each helm)
• Seven IS 40 multifunction instrument displays
• One OP40 navigation remote controls
• 10kW 6ft open array network radar
• 25kW 4ft Halo Doppeler pulse radar
• Forward Scan sonar
S5100 Chirp Sonar
Separate high and low chirp transducers
• 235 khz "smart" shallow water transducer
• Airmar wind instrument
• All new N2K Data backbone from Lazarette to Flybridge, Simrad Net between helms and radars
• New HD TV's
• Updated CCTV system with three cameras
The owner is excluding the following items from sale of the vessel:
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.